Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ugh, I finally scummed to the pressure. I'm potty training Mia. I kept saying I don't care if she's older when she potty trains, she'll give up the pull-ups when she's ready. Well, I think the fact that she can change her own pull-up is a big clue that she's ready.
Today we said goodbye to the pull-ups and howdy to some Hello Kitty panties! We went through 6 pairs, but she went pee in the potty twice, so there was much celebrating!!
She wants to be a baby. She wants to be my baby. I told her she will always be my baby and gave her extra hugs and cuddles.
She's still wearing pull-ups at night (I'm not insane) and if this totally stresses her out then we'll go back to pull-ups and try again in a few months.
So there is my thrilling life. Oh, and I bought a really cool ice coffee cup from Starbucks this morning. I always walk by those displays and today I finally bought one. It was so exciting! Seriously, it was. I was giddy walking back to my car with an iced latte in my new Starbucks cup. I even knew how pathetic I was but that didn't dampen the excitement.
Don't you wish you were me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm no Mom, but I know very few 40 year olds still in pull ups. I think that she'll be fine in her own time. Nothing wrong with her being a baby for a little while longer.

Elizabeth said...

I totally agree, and I've been so good for so long, but the social and FAMILY pressure finally got to me an I cracked But we had a very successful day today. And she was so proud of herself! It's like things clicked and she understood what we wanted her to do!