Monday, June 6, 2011

Grouchy

Or, we can say it like it really is, I'm bitchy. And I have no idea why. It's probably just the change from teaching to having summer off, which is NOTHING TO BITCH ABOUT so I don't know what my problem is.
The more I think about it the more I think I need to get out of Juneau for a little while. This is my whole world, all 28 miles of road, there is no place else to go. No driving to the next town to get Taco Bell. No driving up to the big city to watch a play. No nothing.

But I'm not a good traveler, so...Hmmmm
I'm thinking maybe a ferry trip to Sitka. I think there's a totem pole park there and probably some different restaurants (Oh, I hope they have Taco Bell, but they probably don't). I'm sure there are touristy things we could do and it would get me out of Juneau.
This might be something to look into. We have a dog/house sitter who is chomping at the bit to house sit for us again (a friends teenage daughter and she wants to make some money) and she's great, so I wouldn't have to worry about the house or dogs.
This might be a plan.
Has anyone been to Sitka??

No comments: