First day of summer vacation and I wake up at 5:00am. That's so not funny. But it was nice having the house to myself and just getting to enjoy reading my book and not feeling rushed to do anything.
We took our old dog Fred into the vet. I was afraid it was going to be bad news, but they were able to take the (huge) tumor out and he's doing great. We had to leave him at the vet's for surgery and on the way out Mia was crying that she wanted "her Fred". It was pretty pathetic. But he's okay and we'll pick him up tomorrow.
Mia and I went to the glacier again today and she is convinced dinosaurs live there.
"No bears, Mama, dinosaurs."
"No baby, dinosaurs aren't real anymore, but bears are!"
"No Mama, dinosaurs live here"
"Okay, remember what walked through our front lawn two nights ago?"
"Yes, it was T-Rex"
"NO IT WASN'T! It was a black bear!!!"
"No Mama, dinosaur"
"Okay, fine, you win. Guess I better get a bigger can of pepper spray then"
No comments:
Post a Comment