Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Heavens parted..

...and the angels sang!
Okay, I'm sure I'm going to jinx myself and I know it's only been a couple of days, but I think Mia's getting the whole potty training thing!! She has had some accidents here and there, but for the most part she's asking to use the potty. Getting a fist full of M&Ms as a reward is a good motivator. Sometimes when I think she should try and sit on the potty and she says "No", I'll go to the bathroom and say "Well, I went potty so I get M&Ms" and then eat some myself. That usually motivates her to at least try. And I get M&Ms! It's win-win!
The IRS is still fucking with us. We sent off all our receipts and invoices showing how much we paid for the adoption so that we can get the rest of our adoption credit. It will probably be months until we hear. I thought after I got her birth certificate all the government paperwork involved with the adoption would finally be done. I am now realizing it will never be finished. NEVER. She will be 35 and I'll be filing a home study or getting fingerprinted or something.
But, she's getting potty trained so, let's end on that happy note!

No comments: