Friday, January 2, 2009

Name Change

Well, for the past three years we have been referring to our baby as Mia. It was the only name both my husband and I liked and agreed on. I have never been 100% sold on it, and have seen it become more and more popular (one of the dilemmas of being a teacher).
I have always always loved the name Frances, but for some reason I didn't think Graham liked it. Today I mentioned that I though Frances Rose would be a pretty name and he whole heartily agreed. And it honors both our mothers. Rose is his mother's name and my mom's middle name is Francis.
If we do decide on that name then she would be Frances Rose Storey
We probably won't definitively decide until we meet our daughter, and who knows? She might end up keeping her Chinese name or maybe we'll go back to Mia or something different all together!
Trying to figure out what to name our baby, what a fun problem to have!

4 comments:

Erin Alaska said...

Happy New Year! So excited for you, Rose, what a beautiful name

Ed & Jeanne said...

No more prospect of her one day becomming mamma mia? Frances Rose is nice.

Karen Travels said...

May I suggest Juno!!? Or even Juneau.

Good movie, good place to live, awesome name!

But Frances Rose is beautiful! And I agree, you can't really know until you meet her.

Elizabeth said...

Oh no, if we called her Juneau people would think all Alaskans give their kids wacky name! You know, like Trigg, Piper, Track etc
;)