Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Alright fine. I admit it. I'm getting excited. I know I shouldn't, there are definitely no warranties when dealing with China, but I am letting myself have some hope. Today I looked up flights on Cathay Pacific and looked at the difference between business class and economy. I also looked up some hotels in Guangzhou and day dreamed about what I would pack for the trip.
I also fancied up my blog a bit. Nice, huh?
Why am I doing this, I could be as far as 5 months away, even more possibly. Oh well, it feels good, I'm going to go with it. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, take any good feeling you can get - they have been few and far between over the past few years. I'm getting excited for you, although I have the same misgivings. I'm so praying for a quick referral and travel for you. It has to happen for one of us. It. Just. Has. To.

Are you ready to rock tonight? :)

Debra said...

Life is so uncertain. Grab what hope you can! You've got so many people pulling for you.

Tonight I will raise a toast to you that you get your baby quickly.

And that you remember, even when she is pitching a World Class Champion fit in a public place, that you waited so long for the opportunity to mold her behavior. :)

(And gosh, perhaps it's the nonstop tantruming of the resident 3 year old that made me think of that just now!)

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Nice! You definitely want to have the place looking nice for the new baby.

Ooh... that has a nice ring to it!

淡淡花香 said...

Since I came across this blog days ago, I've read quite some blog entries to know your story about trying to adopt a Chinese girl. I'm so touched. I cannot understand why the matching took so long? It seems unreasonable to wait three years. I hope my Chinese folks would accelerate their work so that your lovely angel will come to you a little earlier.
You said you would fly to Guangzhou to meet your girl, Guangzhou happens to be my hometown, though I am now living overseas. Hope you have a wonderful journey to China. I will continue to be a reader of this blog. Cheers!