Tuesday, January 6, 2009

So, today in the teacher's lounge we were discussing our most embarrassing moments of 2008. Gosh, I had so many to choose from. Luckily one of my co-workers helped me remember the one she thought was the funniest.
One Sunday afternoon Graham and I were at our local Costco. We looked at a bunch of stuff together, books, movies, snow tires etc. Then we got up near the clothes. I found a display of underwear and I told Graham I was going to get some. They came in a three pack and were all so pretty, pink and white stripped, baby blue, flowered, but I couldn't find my size. I knelt down to dig in the back to find my size and Graham said "I'll be right back"
I looked and looked but all they had in my size was the three pack of black grey and white. So I have all these packages of underwear around me and Graham comes up next to me with the cart. I put everything back and threw my undies in the cart and said "Of coarse they don't have any of the pretty colors for my fat ass, come on lets go look at the baby stuff" and I grabbed the front of the cart and started to pull it. That's when I heard "Um, excuse me, I think you think I'm someone else." For the first time I actually turned around and guess what? It wasn't Graham pushing the cart. No it was some older man, with nothing in his cart. Well, nothing except for my one package of underwear. So I mumbled "ohmyGodI'msosorry", reached in his cart to take out my package of grey, white and black fat ass underwear, and ran to find Graham who had no idea why I was so mad at him.
It took me three weeks before I'd go back into Costco. Oh, and I love how Graham keeps reminding me that somewhere in Juneau there's some old man saying telling this same story from his point of view.
From now on I'm buying all my underwear on the internet!

5 comments:

Karen Travels said...

Ha!! I love it!! I was laughing out loud and my roomie was like, what!!??

I hope you had a great day back! I did!

Debra said...

I had to giggle quietly to myself since Rhonda is trying to doze on the couch. That is a super funny story.

...I said, "FOREIGN films!"

Also, the word verification for this comment is berylso. Beryl is an old name... kinda pretty.

Ed & Jeanne said...

Juneau is not that big...the word is spreading! You'll be finding underwear secretly left on your porch...

Elizabeth said...

Hey FOREIGN film and PORN film sound deceptively the same. Anyone could have made that mistake. Maybe I just shouldn't have made it with my brand new boyfriend!
:P

Ms. ~K said...

LMAO...
Found you through another teacher's blog (NYNCAK)...
I'm a retired 1st grade teacher in Georgia...
Take care,
Kit