I don't know how many times I have to beat my head against a brick wall to figure out that it hurts when you do that!
I totally got sucked into the rumor that "China was going to match 20 days this month". Since I'm only 10 days away that would mean we would be matched with our baby. OF COARSE they aren't going to match 20 days this month. They haven't matched over, what, 8 days, for the last three years!
Oh, and it gets better. Yesterday I told everyone at work that "I'm going to be matched this month. In fact we'll probably be matched next week!!" So now everyone is coming up to me to find out what's going on with the adoption. Today I realized what an IDIOT I am and they are probably going to only match 3 days.
Here's what I think they are going to do:
End of January they match 2 days
End of March they match 2 days
End of April they match another 3 days
End of May they match at least 2 days
End of June they match at least 1 day
If this holds out then we'll be referred in 5 months.
Not next week.
God, I should not be allowed to speak to people.
5 comments:
Hang in there! She is coming!
As for your question on my blog, Anchorage is a mess. 20+ inches of snow has melted in 3 days! The side roads are taking forever to melt they are so compacted in ice, everything is flooding, and it is so windy.
And most freakishly, the temperature has fluxuated between 40 and 50 all day!!
I am off to shop vac the entranceway!! Nuts!
Nope! I'm sorry to pain you, but you are SO WRONG on this one. You are going to get your referral in the early April batch.
Don't ask how I know, I just know. That, or I'm having hormone-induced ideas of grandiose knowledge. Which do you think is more likely?
Don't hate yourself for getting sucked in. Remember you JUST got on the 'big kids' roller coaster. It's a whole new ride and you haven't found your groove yet.
And, why'd you skip February?
So sorry to hear that. Where do you get your rumor information from? I'm thinking you might want to rethink your sources.
Hang in there!
Post a Comment