Sunday, January 4, 2009

Keep 'em coming

Well, we thought we had a keeper this afternoon when we both agreed on MaryRose. It's still a contender, but it's not settled yet. We also got a great suggestion from Anna who suggested the name Kit. We'd name her Kathleen and call her Kit.
Graham screwed up his face at Eleanor (I personally love it) and at Jocelyn (another name I love. We could call her Josie). Arrg this is maddening. I want to get the name settled and he just doesn't feel any rush.
And don't worry, we won't name her Hanna or Emma or Kayla, Greyson, Olivia, Isabel, Chelsea Hope or Grace. They are all pretty names, but we have a million of them at school and I wanted something a little more unique.
Oh, and Mia is still a strong contender.
Thanks for all your suggestions, if you have anymore please leave them in the comments. We need all the help we can get!

8 comments:

Karen Travels said...

How about Mia-Rose? Sooo pretty. I have a friend named Vikki-Rose, and she always goes by the whole thing, not Vik or Vikki.

(I love unique names, but the really unique ones like Winter Sky and Brooklyn Summer. It's the hippy in me. I totally get the Palin baby naming thing!)

Okay... Other old fashioned names? Sylvia? Josephine? Aubrey? Hazel? Eve? Cora? Ooooh, I might take that one. Cora Winter...lol.

Elizabeth said...

Oooh, Aubrey, that's pretty. I like the other stoo, but I know Graham won't.
Other old fashiony names my husband won't like but I do are: Esther, Freda, Florence, Adelaide.
See the problem is his mother's name is Rose and mine mom's is Mary. We are not going to include his mom's name and not mine. So we either have to use MaryRose (I do not like Rosemary) or something without either of their names.

Karen Travels said...

Oh, I love Adelaide. My friend's wife name is Adalina, but people call her Nina.

I love names, can you tell?

Anonymous said...

For the record I love Kathleen/Kit. And Mia of course (but I get attached to names - I was praying for her this morning and finally realized my prayers would count even if I called her Mia and the name didn't stick LOL).

What about Addison (Addie)? or Abigail (Abby)? I'm not sure on the popularity of either but I've always thought they were pretty.

What are your thoughts on a middle name? We plan on using Allison's Chinese name for her middle name (or some other Chinese name). However a lot of people are doing two middle names - one American and one Chinese...which seems like a long name to me, but I'm not ruling out that option too. If it's my only kid I'll give her fifteen names if I want! LOL Anyway was just thinking you could use MaryRose (which I love) as a middle name....

this is so fun! :)

Ed & Jeanne said...

Did you rule out Moon Unit? It worked for Frank Zappa's daughter...

Elizabeth said...

Anna,
I'm not sure what we'll do for a middle name, I've also like the idea of using her Chinese name or another Chinese name that goes nicely with her first name, whatever that ends up being!

Elizabeth said...

VE,
I'm not going to mention it to my husband, he'd probably like it :P

Ms. ~K said...

Personally, I love the name Kit...

I am Katherine (named for my grandmother). Grandmother was called Kitty and I am Kit!!!!
I have only met about 3 other female Kits in my 55 years...
One was a former student, who was originally from China...

Kit