Friday, August 8, 2008

Now there are 41

It looks like China is making referrals up to January 28, 2006. I'm logged in on March 10, 2006. I had 43 days between where China has matched to my log in date. This month China matched 2 (two) more days, so now there are 41 days between me and referral. A two day match is really small, but since I didn't think they'd match at all I guess I should be happy. Just a reminder, when I was logged in with China on March 10, 2006, China was matching 15-20 days a month. If it were that rate now, I would be about three months away from a referral. But with a 2-5 day referral every month I'm between 9 to 21 months away.
On a happier note. I believe I have won my 4 month battle with our USCIS office!
A little history, USCIS was coming down to Juneau to do some fingerprinting and I had tried to get a appointment to update my fingerprints for a certain document I have to have for the adoption. If I could get it done in Juneau, then I could save the airfare that it would cost to get Graham and I up to Anchorage and have it done there. Airplane tickets and car rental could cost close to $800, so I really wanted to take advantage of them flying down to Juneau. I sent in the request and didn't hear back from them. I called and left messages, still no word. I started calling three times a day (usually in tears) begging them to call me back so I could get an appointment. Didn't hear a thing.
So we called our Senator's office and asked for help.
USCIS called back that afternoon.
However, when we went to get fingerprinted the agent in charge was not amused that we called the senator's office on him and made many rude and snarky comments. So when we didn't get the document back in a couple of weeks I thought it might be because we pissed him off. Weeks turned into months and about a month ago I started calling and leaving a message every week. Today was the last time. I was going to leave a message that said he had not returned our paperwork in a timely manner and had not called to say he needed any further information or why this was taking so long. If he didn't contact me by the end of the day I would take this up again with the governor's office and find out who his supervisor is so I could make a formal complaint.
However when I called today I actually got the agent in charge and he told me it went out in the mail yesterday and that I should have it by Monday. He didn't offer why it took so long and didn't apologise either. He just said if it wasn't there by Monday to call him back. I wanted to find out why he was being such a dick, but every sentence I formed in my head either started or ended with Motherfucker, so I just said I would look for it on Monday and hung up.
As angry as I get at China, I have to say I'm just as pissed if not more so at our government. Why, why, why do they have to make everything so hard?

2 comments:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Man, you must get so tired of pedaling against the wind. But good job out of you for your persistence. Most people would have given up on that Motherf....

Impetua said...

I say, if you have to sic your senator or governor or whatever on them, then do it with impunity! Stupid moron. It's his JOB to help you.