Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Reflected glory

We hear a lot about celebrities coming to Juneau, but I haven't seen any yet. However I do have a good story. Harrison Ford, his wife Calista Flockhart and their son were in Juneau over the fourth of July. I know this because my neighbor is a guide and took them out on his boat! How cool is that? The marina called my neighbor up and said a couple wanted to go out on the 4th of July to whale watch and look at glaciers. He said, no, he wanted to spend the day with his family. They then told him that the people who wanted to go out with him was Harrison Ford and his family. He said well, let me call my wife. He called her and asked if he should, also, did she know who Harrison Ford was?? His wife was very excited and said he should (then she explained who he was, Han Solo, Indiana Jones!) So he did and he said they were really nice, polite and fun to take out!
I hear that Bill Gates comes into town a lot with his family because he can relax and doesn't get recognized. He wears Extra Tuffs and flannel and people just think he's a local. My friend works at a bookstore downtown and has sold him some books before. She said she didn't even notice him until he signed the credit card receipt. Then she looked and said there was no mistaking that it was him.
If I could run into anyone on the street it would be Jimmy Buffett! I wouldn't ask for a picture or autograph or anything, but it would be cool to see him up close!
Who have you or would you want to run into on the street?

2 comments:

Erin Alaska said...

I heard about Harrison Ford and fam. They were playing at Twin Lakes that weekend too! Even living in so CAL I always missed the celebs, so I am sure I will miss any here. I think it might be too cold for Buffet here, bummer!

淡淡花香 said...

It is so cool to see so many celebrities in town. Your neighbor is so lucky to be the tour guide of Harrison Ford, I would be totally blown away if I had a chance to see Harrison Ford or Bill Gates in person. I am a big fan of Harrison Ford and I love his Indiana Jones movies and many other movies! He is a great actor and he still looks handsome at a senior age.