Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fewer kids available for adoption by foreigners??

"Fewer Chinese children are available for adoption by foreigners because more affluent families at home have started adopting them, the Ministry of Civil Affairs (MCA) said on Tuesday."The number of Chinese couples applying to adopt children has risen substantially in recent years," said Wang Suying, a division chief of MCA's social welfare and social affairs department, which oversees adoption"
I wish this was true, I really do. I wish there weren't so many baby girls in need of homes.
But basically, this is crap.
However if this is the only article about Chinese adoptions that comes out during the Olympics, then I'm extremely grateful!

3 comments:

Erin Alaska said...

oh how they convienently lie to us all :) Lucky for you your little ladie will be waiting still...
my pic was snagged from the the menden. glacier web cam. see you at work soon.........

Impetua said...

Excuse me... "late 30's?"

I happen to know that your husband is slightly older than me.

And I'm not any "late 30's."

The internets demand truthiness!

:P

Elizabeth said...

You're right, Graham just turned 41and I'll be 40 in 6 months. Man, this adoption is taking so long I have to change my profile.