Sunday, August 3, 2008

August 2, 2005

Three years ago my brother past away in Iraq. Like people say, life goes on. It happened in the middle of our paperchase for the adoption. Now we are all logged in and just waiting to be matched. I thought my three nephews and sister-in-law would never get over it. But they are on a month long RV trip through the mid-west and stopped to visit my mom and aunt and cousins. They had a great visit and were able to talk about my brother and the three boys asked tons of questions about their dad. It was a good visit for everyone, especially my mom. My father is doing OK. He lives alone and I think it still gets to him a lot, but he seems to be doing better too.
So like people say, it might suck sometimes, but life really does go on.

3 comments:

Karen Mool said...

I love your picture but where are the dogs!!! Guess who will be 13 on Sept 6th

Erin Alaska said...

Enjoy the sun the next few days and warm hugs being sent your way.
:)
erin

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. That must have been devastating for you and your family. I'm sure 8/2 is a difficult day for you.