Sunday, July 19, 2009

Baby Shower!

My friends gave me a baby shower tonight! I had so much fun! It was at my house, which was good because I wanted to do a deep cleaning before we left for China and this gave me a deadline. So my house was the cleanest it's been in a long time! It also took my mind off of stressing about the trip. Then my friends came over, everyone brought great food and drinks. And actually, now that I think about it, I don't think anything had meat in it. Everyone must have remembered I'm vegetarian. Wow, how thoughtful! I got some really great gifts. Adorable little clothes, some children's books, a cool mirror thing I put on my rear view mirror in my car so I can see the baby without having to turn my head, a gift certificate for getting her hand prints done ceramic, some little baby Smart Wool socks, a cute little dish set with some little cheater chopsticks (I could actually use those myself), an adorable little dish set with bunnies on it, some gift cards (whoo hoo, Internet shopping!), some sippy cups and a little spoon and fork for a baby! And the big present in the picture there is a high chair!
I'm not really a party person, but I had so much fun tonight!
But it's 2:00 in the morning and I'm still a little drunk, so I think I better stop blogging.
:)

4 comments:

Debra said...

Aw! How totally awesome! Wish we could have been there!

ReformingGeek said...

That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you have some goodies for the baby.

Ed & Jeanne said...

It's getting closer every day!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Oh crap, sorry... please do not open the large package I sent you as a gift with the purple USDA stamp on the side. Just tell the UPS driver to return to sender.

But I meant well. And I'm glad you had a great party. Sure wish I coulda been there!