Friday, July 17, 2009

6 more days!!

I spent all day organizing all the stuff we are taking to China with us. I put them into categories like clothes, socks and underwear, toiletries, baby toys, baby books, baby clothes, diapers, swim diapers, medication, shoes, bottles and binkys, otc medication and on and on and on. I put each category in a zip lock bag. Either a sandwich bag and 1 gallon or a 2.5 gallon bag. Everything is in a bag so we can find what we need easier. I also did this for my carry on. I weighed them all and they are all under the weight allotment. This took a ridiculous amount of time but I'm happy with the results.
We also got our last couple of things on our list that we still needed, like Dramamine, Tylenol, Pepto and pocket sized Kleenex packages. So all our shopping should be done!
Now we just need to make some calls to our insurance company and see if our calling card will work in China, make a pediatrician's appointment, put in the car seat and some other simple stuff.
This time next week we'll be in Beijing!!

2 comments:

ReformingGeek said...

I'm so excited for you! I hope you can post during your trip. We will want to know how it's going.

Debra said...

Wow, you pack like I do. The bonus is that you can put dirty things in ziplocs and keep them away from the clean things. One can never have too many ziploc bags...

I can't believe it's finally almost here!