Since there is no news, I thought I'd tell a story of how I met one of my neighbors. We had just moved into the house and it was a nice sunny day. We didn't have our fence up yet, and we had the door to the garage open and the door from the garage to the kitchen open. Graham had the dogs on a walk and I was going to go to the bathroom really fast before I started working in the yard. All of a sudden I heard the familiar sound of a dog head banging into a closed door. The door to the bathroom hadn't latched and in walked a big black lab. We don't own a big black lab. So I said "Well, hello there." Then from outside I heard someone calling "Pepper! Pepper!" So I looked at him again and said "Well, hello Pepper." then he turned and wanted me to scratch his butt.
So I finished up and took Pepper back outside and found the lady who was calling for him. She said "Oh my gosh, did he just walk into your house? I'm so embarrassed!" When I told her he didn't just walk into the house but also visited me while I was going to the bathroom she just about died of embarrassment. But I just thought it was funny.
Pepper passed away, but now they have Max who comes over to our yard for playdates. He's also a big black lab. I'm expecting him to walk in while I'm taking a bath anytime now.
2 comments:
You know, if I walked in to your bathroom while you were on the pot or taking a bath and expected my butt to be scratched...I'm guessing I wouldn't get the same reaction as Pepper got... ;)
Nice story
That's cute. Pets are hilarious. That VE, he sure gets around doesn't he?
We had a neighbor's cat walk in one day like he owned the place. It took a while to get him out.
Post a Comment