I decided I wanted to walk around a bit and see how I do. So Graham and I went to Costco to picked up a few things and it went well. I was slow on my crutches, and it's throbbing now that I'm home, but it doesn't hurt nearly as much as I thought. Of course that could be because the I got the bejesus scared out of me and that fear is overriding any pain I have. OK, so we got back to the car and Graham unloaded our stuff and then before he took the cart back he grabbed a handful of dog treats and threw them on the ground. About .0056 seconds later at least 20 ravens swooped down to fight over the food. These aren't blackbirds or crows, these are huge ravens. Well I was sitting in the passenger side and all of a sudden I hear whoomp, and standing on the hood of our car was one of those huge ravens
looking at me! It got right up to the front windshield then started walking back and forth from the drivers side to my side, but it was staring at me the entire time. I felt like he was a mob boss and if I valued my windshield wipers I better pay up. And, like the mob, these birds don't scare easy. Saying "Shoo" or "get" or knocking on the windshield and saying "goawaygoawaygoawaygoaway" doesn't scare them at all. So I folded to the pressure, I grabbed a handful of dog treats and opened the door a crack and throw them onto the ground. Again, there was a feeding frenzy, but Graham was back by that time and we drove away before that raven could come and intimidate me again.
Alright, I'm a big sissy and now I can add one more animal that lives in Alaska that I'm afraid of. Here's the list so far:
- bears (goes without saying)
- moose
- whales
- porpoises
- seals
- walruses
- sea lions
- porcupine
- otters
- wolves
- bald eagles
- ravens
- people from Wasilla (just kidding)
3 comments:
LOL...the people in Wasilla are something though.
But those otters are so cute though.
Ya, that's what they want you to think! ;)
Post a Comment