Now I understand why people tip their massage therapist. I always wondered why they did that. I mean, I wouldn't tip my dentist or my doctor after he gave me a flu shot. Why would you tip someone after causing you so much pain?
I just had my first relaxing massage. Now I get it.
I have scoliosis and it causes pain and burning in my shoulders and neck. I have a prescription from the doctor to get therapeutic massage to help with pain management. And it does help, but the massages hurt like hell. The therapists use their elbows and the heels of their hands with all their weight behind it. I'll often make a little whimper or say "Ow, that pressure's a little hard" and I'm often told to "just breath through the pain". But the next day the burning and pain is gone and I can turn my neck again. That makes it worth it.
But I have my surgery Thursday and I decided to get a relaxing spa-like massage and Oh My God!! First of all, I paid for it myself, I didn't bill my insurance for it. And it just felt so good. She worked on my feet and hands and back, neck, head. I almost fell asleep. I didn't want to get up off the table when it was over. I don't know how I'm going to go back to my other massages after this.
And yes, I tipped. I tipped well!
No comments:
Post a Comment