I just got back from my pre-op appointment. It went surprisingly well. Things have changed a lot in the last 20 years since my first surgery.
First, I talked with a really nice nurse who told me that I'll get my own room with a TV and I'll be wrapped in warm towels and can listen to my iPod or bring DVDs if I want. I'll have that same room the whole time I'm there, before and after the operation. The nurse said sometimes things run late and this way I'll be comfortable and preoccupied so I'm not too nervous. But if I am too nervous, they have many wonderful drugs that will put me at ease. Those were the words I wanted to hear.
Wow, I don't have cable or any broadcast TV at home, I'm kinda exited about that part.
Second, I may not even have to have P/T which is great news. Last time I had to go through 6 months of Physical Therapy hell.
So good news all around.
I'm starting to relax a little.
2 comments:
See! Nurses are your friends. I bet this will go so much better than you were thinking. I'm happy for you that you get all kinds of distractions and wonderful, delicious nummy medications. Better living through chemistry!
Also, on a totally unrelated note, the word verification for this post is "retoads." Use that in a sentence! I dare you!
Wait until I'm on the medication, I bet I can think of tons of ways to use that word in a sentence then! :P
And yes, the nurse at the short stay unit is the first person in all this that has made me feel comfortable and not so scared. Nurses are wonderful!!
Post a Comment