This blog was about me and my inability to stay sane during our adoption from China. But we now have our beautiful daughter so this blog is just about our boring old life.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Two Days
China matched two days. There's no way we'll get our baby in the spring. Maybe summer or fall. Maybe.
4 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Did your agency confirm two days? I'm still hoping for four; CCAI hasn't confirmed cutoff yet.
I consulted one of my many worksheets, and assuming they did 2 days this time, and can do an average of four days per month from here on out, you'd get referral in April. I'd get mine in Jan 2010. I think it's too early to assume the average will be two days a month - no trends indicating that. But Brian and I have long thought that in 2009 the average days per months would go from 6 days to 4 days. I'm betting we are going to be proven correct.
Come get some puppy kisses. China will still suck, but it's hard not to smile when a sleeping puppy in your lap.
I like how you're optimistic that we will ever get to meet our baby. Well, if it does happen, this is how it's suppose to work. We'll get the referral with a picture and information about our baby, then we have to wait for Travel Authorization and get a Visa and stuff, then about 4-6 weeks later we are supposedly on a plane to China to pick her up.
4 comments:
Did your agency confirm two days? I'm still hoping for four; CCAI hasn't confirmed cutoff yet.
I consulted one of my many worksheets, and assuming they did 2 days this time, and can do an average of four days per month from here on out, you'd get referral in April. I'd get mine in Jan 2010. I think it's too early to assume the average will be two days a month - no trends indicating that. But Brian and I have long thought that in 2009 the average days per months would go from 6 days to 4 days. I'm betting we are going to be proven correct.
Come get some puppy kisses. China will still suck, but it's hard not to smile when a sleeping puppy in your lap.
How does the process work once you get your referral? Like, at what point do you get to actually go meet your baby once your referral gets made?
Or should I not ask questions like that and get you all worked up just now?
I like how you're optimistic that we will ever get to meet our baby. Well, if it does happen, this is how it's suppose to work. We'll get the referral with a picture and information about our baby, then we have to wait for Travel Authorization and get a Visa and stuff, then about 4-6 weeks later we are supposedly on a plane to China to pick her up.
Somebody needs to go over the China and kick them square in the ass. This is ridiculous.
Post a Comment