We have a history of bad luck with trimming our dogs nails. Actually it's only Tess that has no more patience with us. Graham cut her to her quick twice and if we even think about trimming her nails she runs for the hills. We've tried giving her treats and trying to trim just one nail. We've tried sneaking up on her while she's asleep and trimming just one nail. We've tried tough love and holding her down while we try to just trim one nail. She has out smarted us ever time. So I was thrilled when I found this. I emailed Graham right away.
This is his response:
Is it anything other than perfectly silent? Will she be able to see it? Does it smell strange? Will we act in a strange manner, like we're trying to hide something when walking up to her? If it yes to any of those questions, Tess will gladly rip our throats out.
So since it's not an invisible magic nail trimmer, I guess we can't get it.
Oh, and I wanted to add; Tess would never rip our throats out. She's not a violent dog. She's much more likely to smother us in our sleep.
Here's another dog anecdote from my husband. I was so glad I wasn't there:
So Fred, my 10-almost 11 year old husky just treed a bear. Of course, I don't think he even saw the dang thing, just sniffing the ground trying to figure out where a strange scent was coming from. He probably got to within a couple of feet. My younger dog just back from getting a tennis ball, went up to within feet feet of the bear and just sort of stared. Sort of a "don't even think about chasing my ball "type of stare. She then shook her head a bit to jangle the bells on her collar and that started the bear up the tree a couple of more inches. No barking, no growling, and most importantly--no eating of the dog owner involved. Won't be going to the Dredge Lake trail area for our walks for a bit; don't want the pesky things figuring out how much of a coward the dogs actually are. And maybe treed was to strong a word, more like it was standing up with paws on the trunk ready to bolt, climb, or consume depending on what happened next. Guess calling the dogs back and continuing down the trail was the right thing to do.
3 comments:
Do you think that non-invisible Pedi Paws thing will work on guinea pigs? It costs us like $30 every time we take them in to get trimmed.
I'd say that those guinea pigs are just about pan-sized, and after a delicious dinner of chicken-fried guinea pig you can sit back, unbutton that top button of your pants because you're so stuffed, and mentally count your thirty bucks over and over, to your immense satisfaction. That's what I think. :)
$30 bucks, wow that seems steep! We just run our dogs at the beach regularly and that seems to keep their nails worn down. Maybe you could try the same with your guinea pig?
:P
Post a Comment