Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bragging Rights

This post? This post is going to be about my cholesterol. Why? Because my cholesterol Kicks Ass that's why!
Last weekend Graham and I went to a health fair at our "mall" so I could get my blood pressure checked (because my blood pressure does not kick ass). And they also did a cholesterol test.
You want your fasting cholesterol to be below 150. Mine is 64.
Triglycerides you want below 125. Mine are 72.
My HDL was not as great. Women want theirs to be above 55 and mine is 52.
Total blood cholesterol should be less than 200. My total is 131! Woo Hoo.
I called my mom to brag.
"It's probably because I'm a vegetarian" I said.
"Don't be so smug." She answered. "Your grandma's numbers were amazingly low even in her 90's. And mine are low and I am definitely not a vegetarian. You just inherited good cholesterol genes."
Well, I'd rather have inherited the size 4 genes, but this is good too.
Oh, and my blood pressure that I was worried about. It was 110/80. Not so bad. I guess all my working out and eating right for my knee surgery has paid off a bit!

1 comment:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

You're lucky. Mine is always borderline needing medication, which I don't want to have to take, so I constantly have to maintain a low fat diet. Bleh.