Saturday, May 28, 2011

restart

Wow, It's been a long time. I'm going to try and do better. Now that I have Facebook I don't feel the need to blog so much, but I want more of a record of my days, so back to blogging.
Today is the first day of summer break so of course I woke up at 5:00am. I was going to take a walk to the glacier but it's kinda foggy out and I"m afraid of bears. Once the tourist buses start up I feel safer.
Mia is officially three and is doing great. She has decided to give up naps, which I feel was a very poor decision. She will regret it when she's older!
I read a friend's blog and have decided to take up cross stitching again. So that means a trip to Jo-Ann's.
Graham and I are thinking about going to Sitka this summer. Or maybe somewhere else on the ferry.
Oh, I can't believe I forgot the most important thing! The last Jean Auel book FINALLY came out. I started reading this stupid Clan of the Cave Bear series 32 years ago and can now finally finish the story! I'm reading just a little bit at a time to make it last longer. It's stupid and ridiculous and total cave man porn, but damn it I waited 32 years, I'm finishing the series!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ELIZABETH!!! Hey! i started to read everything here about you adopting Mia and I had to stop because I have to go somewhere ... I'm supposed to be there now!I'm coming back tonight! What a process! The pattern you liked came from The Stitcherhood ... sadly I don;t have that one anymore but I do have some other patterns you might like. Send me an email at marikanola@gmail.com ... and I will forward them to you ... and we can chit chat in private!

ReformingGeek said...

Yay! Yay! It will be great to have you back.

I love hearing about Mia!