Sunday, June 20, 2010

A New Friend

We were at the park last week and there was a man and a little girl about Mia's age at the playground equipment. The man came up to us and asked where Mia was from and we told him "China" he said his daughter was too! She is only about three months older than Mia and is as cute as a button. She has really light hair with some reddish highlights like Mia and she is tall like Mia too! We invited them over for a play date today and they had so much fun! My friend Anna and her two babies came over for a while too and we all sat outside in the sun and visited while Mia and her new little friend played. It was so nice.
I guess I'm just so excited because it's the first adoptee the same age as Mia that we've met here in Juneau. The family is very nice and I look forward to having the girls play together more!

2 comments:

ReformingGeek said...

That is great news. Have fun!

Karen Travels said...

That is amazing. I am under the impressing Juneau has an amazing community. Maybe I will give it a go next time I move 4300 miles! Yes, the wanderlust has returned! Glad to see Mia is doing so well!