Monday, June 28, 2010

Death by Home Depot

We've decided to turn our garage into a rec room. Our house is 875 square feet and its just a little too small for two adults, one toddler and two horrible dogs. So we are insulating and dry walling and storing everything that was in the garage in our 875 square feet house! Graham is doing it all himself except for the electrical. Mia and I are trying to stay out of the way during the day so he can work. But sometimes we will go to Home Depot with him. But Mia is like me, I think I want to go so I can get out of the house, but then I walk through the doors and immediately regret my decision. Last time we went Mia was so bored it almost killed her. See!

1 comment:

Debra said...

We're doing the same thing to our garage, but for a friend to come live in it for a while. After he moves out (which is open-ended and for all we know may never happen) we'll use the room for an office/playroom/something. We are leaving an area in the front as a mini-garage so that we have a place to put bikes, the lawnmower, etc. Plus that way we don't have to replace the big rolling door.

And yes, after a while most kids are like Mia, unless they become like our monsters and race around in circles whining about McDonaaaaaaaaaaaalds....