Saturday, August 22, 2009

I've been taking night duties with Mia. I sleep in her room and get up with her during the night when she cries and I rock her back to sleep. Then at 5:00 am I crawl into bed and Graham takes over. Mia's been having a hard time sleeping so I've been up a lot. I get a good four or five hours straight in the morning but it was taking it's toll. So last night Graham slept in Mia's room and I was going to get a whole night's sleep!! Well, it seemed like Mia was sleeping pretty well, I hadn't heard her cry, then Graham got up around 2:00 am to go to the bathroom and she cried for a bit but then went right back to sleep. I decided I had to go to the bathroom and on my way back to bed my dog was really wanting to go outside. Fine, I put her on a leash because I was sure she just wanted to eat grass but actually she threw up and went to the bathroom. Hmmm. I came back inside and I thought I smelled something in the living room. I took a step in and...uuggh I stepped in diarrhea. Lovely. I turned on the light and Tessa had been sick and had diarrhea all over the carpet. So I started cleaning and putting paper towels over the spots we needed to steam clean in the morning. Tessa continued to throw up and I continues to clean. I was up from 2:00-4:30 taking care of the dog. On the night I was suppose to sleep all night long. The next morning Graham came into the bedroom and said Mia only woke up once and he was pretty rested so I could sleep in if I wanted. Well I wanted and slept until 9:00. I just can't catch a break here sleep wise.
Tonight Graham is going to sleep in Mia's room again and I've given Tessa a dose of Pepto so tonight is the night I'm going to get 8 straight hours of sleep!!

4 comments:

Ed & Jeanne said...

Should we retitle the blog again. I suggest: Elizabeth and her invisible nights sleep

ReformingGeek said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry. I hope you get some good sleep soon.

Debra said...

Yeah, get used to this.

Eventually you'll find the day you took off from work just to catch up on housework and try to feel a tiny bit sane is the day the baby gets an ear infection or something and screams her head off all day, so you spend it at the doctor and the pharmacy, and then when you get home she throws up all over herself when you try to put her down for a nap, so now you've got more laundry to do (chances are good she got the couch too) and she's still screaming, and then the dog gets into something it shouldn't eat so now you have to take the screaming pukey baby with you to the vet office, and your checking account is overdrawn because Graham stopped on the way home to get you flowers so you can't get the dog's medicine now but you can't get mad at him because he was doing something thoughtful and nice, and you get a flat tire on your way home and it's raining and you don't have Triple A, and .... yeah. Get ready for those days. I suggest laying in a large stock of big boxes of wine.

Meanwhile, get some sleep1 Hope you managed to get eight (or many more!) hours in a row!

Elizabeth said...

Oh dear, I hope I don't ever have a day that bad!! But that's probably just wishful thinking.