I was thinking today that this will be the last Christmas without our Mia. But then I thought back. We did our home study in 2004 and at Christmas time we were just waiting for our social worker to write up the report and send it into USCIS. That Christmas wasn't bad because we hadn't been waiting long and we knew it would be our last Christmas without Mia. Then it was Christmas of 2005, well, we were a little bummed, but we were sure we'd get Mia that year and this would be the last Christmas without our daughter. Do you see where I'm going with this? I'm sure you do. Then came Christmas of 2006, 2007 and now 2008. It was an OK day, but I was kinda weepy. I told Graham this will be the last Christmas of this roller coaster! Next year we will either have Mia as part of our family or we will have dropped out of the adoption. So now I'm going to self medicate with Christmas cookies and fudge.
Merry Christmas everyone!
2 comments:
No way! You'll have Mia for Christmas next year guaranteed. But it's still ok to eat the cookies and fudge ;b
Hopefully 2009 is your year.
Post a Comment