Tuesday, July 15, 2008

stuff

Well, China matched 5 more days, which is pretty small. If they stay at this rate we might get a referral in March 2009, which would make it officially 3 years since we logged in with China. Of course the Olympics are coming up in less than a month and I will be holding my breath the entire time hoping no one says anything stupid about the one child policy or how many baby girls are in the orphanages. We don't want to piss of China people! My baby is over there!
In other news, I had a friend from Nome visit. She was down here for a class and we met for dinner. We caught up on all the Nome gossip and it just made me want to jump on a plane and move back up there. I've never lived anywhere so beautiful and fun as Nome. Maybe, someday.
Oh, and I have a dog story; the weather has been nice (for here) so after summer school I take them to the beach where they can swim and chase balls. Oh, and try to attack and kill bald eagles, our national symbol. Yes, I'm so proud of my dogs. Well, they didn't really try to kill it. They like to run along the shore and chase seagulls, (an activity I wholeheartedly support because I hate seagulls) anyway, an eagle was on a rock by the shore and they went after it. Apparently bald eagles don't scare so easily. May have something to do with the five foot wing span and razor sharp talons and beak. It gave out that piercing shriek they make and both dogs stopped in their tracks. I guess they speak eagle because they seemed to understand what it was saying and decided to not bother him anymore. Whats worse is it's not the first time this has happened. My dogs are brilliant.

2 comments:

Karen Travels said...

Glad to see your name pop up on my blog. You are right, maybe I will end up in the bush!! Someday.

And btw, I too LOVE the X-Files. Love me some Fox Mulder! I will be curling up with some seasons during the long winter to come!!
Stay sane,
Karen

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Damn... I'd stop in my tracks too if an eagle screamed at me!

I would love to see Nome. Fun you say? Maybe you can write about how cool it is up there.