Tuesday, July 22, 2008

rain rain rain

This is from the site Up in Alaska. And it's so true. I got my SAD light this weekend to see if it would help my blah mood. And actually, the fact that I had to get out my SAD light in July made me feel worse. I miss Fairbanks.

3 comments:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

So what exactly is a SAD light compared to just regular lights? And does it help?

Elizabeth said...

SAD stands for Seasonal Affective Disorder and it is caused by lack of sun light. A SAD light has the same light spectrum as the sun (or something like that) and sitting in front of it for 15-30 minutes a day is suppose to help lift your mood. I don't know if it really works or not, it makes me feel a little better. I'm surprised you haven't heard about it since you live in Minnesota. It gets pretty dark down there in the winter too, doesn't it?

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Yeah, but only about 5 hours earlier at the most. In the winter it will start to get dark around 5 p.m., which isn't really enough of a problem to cause any kind of seasonal depression.