Monday, July 28, 2008

Not this month

Well, a new rumor out there says that China may not make any matches this month since it's so close to the start of the Olympics. We always knew they wouldn't make a match in August since it's during the Olympics, but that means we probably won't get another match until late September. Which would put us two months behind. So if it's true, and they don't do anything for those two months, then we may possible get matched in May 2009. That would be three years and two months of waiting since we logged in. I will be 41 and my husband will be 43.

8 comments:

Karen Travels said...

I am sorry to hear about the delay. I will be in this "boat" someday...I really want to adopt.

I am very close to being on the road!!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Ok, what difference does it make that the Olympics are going on? It's not like the "matching people" are going to be busy throwing javelins or something. This whole thing is pissing me off and it's not even my problem. I can't even imagine what you two are going through.

Anonymous said...

My agency says they have begun matching...so I'm guessing we'll see referrals next week? of course who really knows, but if they are matching, why wouldn't they send them out?

I would not be surprised to see September's batch be very late or not at all though.
~anna

Anonymous said...

Can't stop obsessing you know...

I just wish I had any hope for 2009 period, you know? I don't though. I can't believe we will likely hit almost 4 years.

Elizabeth said...

Jeff,
Thanks for understanding!
All non-essental people are supose to stay home so there aren't as many cars on the road to help cut down on the pollution. Personally I believe that people matching orphans with their forever families are pretty essential, but once again, nobody asked me.

Elizabeth said...

Karen,
Hopefully by the time you are ready to adopt, things will have calmed down. If someone were to start an international adoption today, I would recomend Ethiopia. It's fast and pretty reliable. If I were to do this again that's where I'd go.

Elizabeth said...

Anna,
Don't you know you need to appreciate your life now, because once you get kids it's all going to change. Oh, and remember you just have to wait a little longer. Feel better now?

Anonymous said...

You'd think I could remember that by now - but I never claimed to be smart...after all I thought that international adoption actually involved children joining your family at some point! ha!

I don't sound bitter, do I?

my bad.