Sunday, April 22, 2012

Here we go again

We just finished Homestudy Part 2!
A social worker came out last Saturday and then again today to interview us.  We talked for almost three hours each time.  She said she shouldn't have to come back and see us again and would email us if there was anymore info she needed.  She's hoping to be done this week or next week at the latest. 
She was very nice and professional and she said she didn't see anything that should prevent the adoption, so that's good. 
So I guess the next step is to get a lawyer to negotiate the adoption with OCS.  We should get a list of OCS approved lawyers once the homestudy is done. 
This is so different from international adoption.
I'll be happy once this is all done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you yesterday, I am so glad you updated!