This blog was about me and my inability to stay sane during our adoption from China. But we now have our beautiful daughter so this blog is just about our boring old life.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
I always suspected that Mia had been partly potty trained when we met her, but I couldn't really do anything while in China and I didn't want to stress us all out by trying. So Graham and I were walking through K-Mart today and I saw a potty chair that plays music when liquid hits the bowl. Our friend Deb said she used one of these and she seemed happy with it. So we bought it and I figured I'd just set it out and let her get used to what it looks like. So I put it all together and put it in the bathroom. When I was changing her I thought, what the heck, let's see what happens. So I put her on the potty chair and she went right away! Music played, hands were clapping, M&Ms were given. It was very exciting! She went again tonight and tomorrow I'm going to try for real. Wow, I can't believe I'm starting to potty train her, she's getting to be such a big girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow! That's great. Good Luck today!
wow - and you have so many victories yet to come with such a great little toddler!! My daughter was in day care with 3 a bit older toddlers when she was a baby, and when they were potty trained the keeper just as well sat Sofie ( my daughter) down on a potty... and I guess having noticed the joy of the others when they had "succeeded" she too wanted to be a part of the gang, and immediately after having produced, stood up, grabbed the potty, threw it around with a happy "look !!" hehe.. the keeper had to do some cleaning... now my daughter is 11, and the bathroom door is locked...
LOL! What a great story! I better be careful because it sounds like something Mia would do!
Fun fun fun. Looks like she'll be in "big girl underpants" before you know it. ;-)
I remember the day I was potty trained in high school too. ;)
Wait til the day when you can put her in big-girl panties all the time! And your biggest challenge is finding the bathroom EVERYWHERE YOU GO on an EXTREMELY URGENT BASIS! But it is so worth it!
Post a Comment