Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ideas?

I work with someone I really admire. She has an amazing work ethic and is always taking continuing education classes so she can keep up on the newest ideas in her field. If I could be half the teacher she is I'd be thrilled. However another colleague and I have noticed she's a bit stressed. She never complains, but the paperwork in our field is ridiculous and she is often at work hours after the end of the day filling out paperwork.
We want to do something nice for her, but don't want to get the generic coffee card and flowers. If you were getting a little burnt out, what could someone give you that would perk you up?

ETA: OK, I just re-read that last sentence. Um, only helpful suggestions would be great!

7 comments:

Karen Travels said...

A massage - or any spa gift. If there is more than one of you splitting the cost it should be affordable.

Bubble bath.

Fuzzy pajamas always make me happy!

Candles.

Music - everyone can put their faves on a CD.

Chocolate.
ALL of the above in a gift basket.

ReformingGeek said...

Find out what she likes to do outside the office and then get a gift card or something appropriate for that activity.

Or just a change of pace. Take her to lunch.

If possible, reduce her workload.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

That's really nice of you.

Sorry, I don't have any good suggestions. I can't even figure out what kinds of things to get my own wife.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Crap... I just realized after I wrote that that Valentines days is around the corner. Thanks Elizabeth, now I'M stressed out. Maybe you can get me something too. ;-)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the good ideas. I think we are going to get her a little basket with a CD of her favorite music, Swedish fish (her favorite candy) and a gift certificate for a restaurant we know she likes. I hope it helps her realize we really appreciate all her hard work.

Elizabeth said...

Sorry to stress you out Jeff. Maybe you should try some Swedish fish? Seriously,they're amazing

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Hmmm, never heard of them. Are their fried or broiled?